Your initial appointment will consist of a consultation explaining your diagnosis and treatment options, followed by the scheduling of your surgery.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your consultation:
- Your surgical referral slip and any x-rays, if applicable.
- A list of medications you are presently taking.
- Your medical and dental insurance cards and/or all information usually printed on insurance cards. This will save time and allow us to help you process any claims. Many insurance companies allow you to download a copy of your insurance card from the internet.
IMPORTANT: All patients under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at the consultation visit.
We also require the completion of the following forms:
- New Patient Information
- Medical Questionnaire
- Insurance Information
These forms may be printed from our website.
If your dentist or physician has taken x-rays, you may request that these x-rays be forwarded to our office by mail or electronically. If there is not enough time, please pick them up and bring them to our office. If additional films are necessary, they can be taken at our facility.
- For wisdom teeth removal we require a good quality panoramic x-ray that has been taken within a year of surgery.
- For dental implant surgery, insurance companies require a current panoramic x-ray in order for them to determine coverage.
- We may also need to take a 3-D CT scan to determine the best treatment plan.
Our practice uses state-of-the-art cone-beam (computed tomography) technology that provides highly accurate 3-D radiographic images for diagnosis and treatment planning. Undistorted, anatomically correct views of the jaws and teeth, along with cross-sectional axial, sagittal, and panoramic views are easily generated. Three-dimensional images enable a level of anatomical accuracy and patient care not possible with regular x-ray technology.
With the addition of cone-beam CT technology in our office, our practice is committed to providing innovative, high-quality, patient care.