Print option: Before Anesthesia
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for six (6) hours prior to the appointment.
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- If you will be receiving IV (intravenous) sedation, a responsible adult must accompany you to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, drive you home and attend to your needs until the sedation wears off.
- You should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Remove contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures before surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Drs. Bailey, Anton or Seeba prior to your surgical date for instructions.